Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What you see is what you get

I told my sister Kathleen she couldn't wear the black Eddie Bauer sweater to her class reunion, it didn't hit her right. I was looking for just such a top to wear for family portraits for my inlaws 50th. Being the wonderful person she is she gave me the sweater. It was just the sleeve length and collar I was hoping to find.

Turns out it didn't hit me right either. That's the second thing I notice in looking at the proofs, the first thing I see are my goofy looking bangs. Why am I ever allowed to go out in public after doing my own hair, let alone have family pictures taken? What is the world coming to?

No one else seems to notice my hair or the length of the sweater in the proofs. Maybe I should quit worrying about it. Nahhhhh

5 comments:

erin said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Whenever that happens to me I always wonder what I look like in normal life...

erin said...

Also, why did you think that a sweater that didn't fit Mom would fit you?
You have EXACTLY the same bodies.
I know.
I've been in fitting rooms.

kristi noser said...

Explain what "didn't hit right" means. I don't get it.

Kristin said...

Do you ever watch "What not to Wear?" It's a show where they take apart your wardrobe and tell you why it doesn't work for you. "Doesn't hit you right" means the hem line ends in a bad place on you. In this case the sweater ended at our largest point, right across the tummy.

Kristin said...

and no Erin, our bodies are not exactly alike. Parts are similar but the shape is different. Still not pretty overall, but different.
Don't make me demonstrate.

Here's a word for you: boobalicious!