Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Drive-thru Nerding

My boss needed 5 minutes out of the office so I agreed to ride along while she picked up lunch. She headed straight to my favorite Chinese restaurant so I had to get a little something. I decided on wings, you know the ones that come as a dinner with rice and that yummy sauce.

We place our order and wait at the drive-up window. One bag and a beverage arrive and we wait for the next one, which never comes. He finally noticed us and went to get another guy, who speaks English to ask us what we were waiting for. I explained that we only got one bag, only one styrofoam box. He said that was all we ordered. Shrimp with Lobster Sauce and wings.

I opened the bag to find the Shrimp, just as expected, and this pathetic little bag of fried chicken wings. He insisted that's we had ordered. Okay, whatever.

Karen and I totally got the giggles at this point. Lesson learned: it's called Braised Chicken Wings, not fried. That sounds better anyway.

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

Gotta love giving people something to talk about for the rest of the day.

Katie R. said...

I'm SO hungry for chinese food right now. I have no desire to make what I was planning on making tonight.

erin said...

Chinese food makes me throw up in my mouth these days.
Hope you enjoyed it.
[BIG SMILE.]

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this was totally my fault. I ordered the Shrimp with Garlic Sauce--I called this my driving Ms Daisy experience because of the Kris' insistence to the guy that we had another order coming!