Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Name Game

At a baby shower when the discussion came up about what the grandparents would be called. There are so many options in the world. I like the notion of letting the child work out a moniker on their own, but that can be perilous. A friend shared that she was 'guh' for a long time after having worked so hard to encourage 'grandma'. My girls decided I should be 'grammy' to Easton. I quickly informed them I would prefer to be 'G-ma' which they found only slightly amusing.

Jeff and I are just not 'Nana' and 'Popo' kind of people. Easton is fortunate to have not only 3 sets of grandparents, but multiple sets of great-grandparents. How the poor little thing will sort all this out is anyone's guess.

I'm just going on record as saying that 'grammy' is not it!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Note to Kristy: I've noticed your husband is Poppers. What are you?

erin said...

She's Mommers.

kristi noser said...

Kristyn,
We have been "Ma" and "Pa" to half of the church since we started there, now some still call us that and some call us Mommers and Poppers. All in love.

and the y? yeah.

Katie R. said...

my mom and dad are Grammy and Gramps, their choice. My in-laws are Opa and Oma because they are of Swiss descent.

Kristin said...

Kristi, sorry. Cause I know it sounds different.