Friday, August 31, 2007

Food on a Stick

I wasn't even hungry when we got to the State Fair. We had eaten a great lunch with friends so fair food wasn't even interesting. Jeff tempted me with funnel cakes, pointed out lemonade at every turn, but I just didn't care.

I think frozen things on a stick make sense. Corn dogs are fine. Isn't steak on a stick called a kabob? I don't understand pizza on a stick. Can't you just pick it up and eat it? But I did my duty as a fair attendee. I ate a smoked turkey drumstick. It's fair food, it has a stick. It just came pre-sticked.

3 comments:

erin said...

We won't get to go to the fair this year due to the "Femur Incident," and the ONLY thing I'll miss is corn on the cob. Do you think that counts ans pre-sticked?

kristi noser said...

I went to the fair this year and didn't even eat anything on a stick! WHAT?

Kristin said...

Corn is presticked, and at the fair it receives sick enhancement. Oh Kristi, how could that happen?