Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The RUSH of Adrenaline

I used to love the rush of adrenaline. That 'zing' you get by just sneaking in under a deadline. That creative surge that happens when you're not sure you're going to make it, but the ideas are fairly leaping from your head, each one seeming better than the previous.

Not so any longer. I still wait, I still put off whatever I can. Not because I want to, but because it's become a pesky habit. Now that rush that used to give me added spark leaves me with a nasty hang over and a load of self-doubt.

Oh the joys of having burnt out my entire central nervous system leaving nothing but a few arcs of excitement and an occasional spark of glory.

1 comment:

idnak said...

Kristin, this is deep. I'm waiting for the rush of adrenalin that signifies that I truly get this.
Thanks for sharing!