Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Words We Choose


Easton, my grandson, turned 1 a month ago. He's walking like Frankenstein, absolutely adorable!

He has a limited vocabulary at this point. Limited in the sense that there are only two words that we clearly understand. He says lots of other things, but none make much sense. The two words: Woof! referring to all dogs, no-no.

Could we get by with less words in our world? He gets along just fine with those choice morsels of communication. What could it hurt? What would be your words of choice if you could only choose a few?

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Less words would be nice. I tell my kids that "no" is a complete sentence. It doesn't always work, especially with the middle one, but it's worth a shot.
Kristen

kristi noser said...

I could get by with "no" and "hi", at least for a day or so.

erin said...

I could get by with "no," "love," and one of my favorite expletives. I'll leave it up to your imagination.
Perhaps some kind of warning word should be considered...FORE!
Good post.

Kristin said...

what we learn from kids...
he's a pumpkin (and i mean that in the nicest way possible!) and you are an awesome grandma--for teaching easton and learning from him all at the same time!

--the other kristin

AngBreidenbach said...

I'd love to get by with a smile or a compassionate look. Wouldn't that be great?

Thanks for visiting my blog:-)

Angie