Monday, July 23, 2007

Totally worth it!

Sitting at my desk Friday afternoon I got a wild hair, I suddenly wanted to make spaghetti sauce from scratch. With a few clicks of my keyboard there was a veritable plethora of recipe options before my eyes.

This was the final choice, Anthony's Pasta Sauce, Meatballs and Braciole. http://www.spaghettisauceandmeatballs.com/ What's funny is the Braciole (little steak rolls) is optional, but the pork chops and Italian sausage not included in the title are required, according to the author. When the "printer friendly" version printed out 9 pages that should have been a clue. But no, I was excited by the adventure. It took probably 4 readings to get a complete ingredient list compiled, and I wasn't even making the Braciole. Two trips to the store, piles of chopped parsley, and 4 hours of my life later my kitchen smelled like every Italian wedding reception I'd ever been to. Marvelous! We served 9 adults and still had more than half the sauce left. Proof of the goodness that resulted from the effort was my mother coming over the next morning, bowl in hand, asking, "Please, may I have some more sauce?"

If you choose not to take on this project at least read the recipe. It's seriously funny.

No comments: