Friday, July 13, 2007

Thought I'd be the One





When we learned that we were to be grandparents the fantasies began. Besides the baby's parents I thought I'd be the favorite person in the world. I'd do the cuddling at our house and hand out the cookies. But no, it was not to be. Grandpa Jeff is preferred by Easton over all others. Sad for me. But, how can I be jealous when I see the amazing bond between the two of them? They speak a language known only to them. It's like this secret club that only boys can join. At this point they're being very selective with admission of new members. I'm on the waiting list...

Maybe the next one, if there is a next one, will like me best. I can hope, can't I?

6 comments:

kristi noser said...

Dang if that boychick doesn't look like Mickey-D and Charles!

kristi noser said...

I know he's not really a relation, but look at the eyes. Don'tcha think?

erin said...

Finally some photos!
How cute--I love that he's all dressed up for golfing with Grandpa.

Kristin said...

He does look like the D boys, until you see his daddy. Spitting image.

erin said...

Honestly, that pic of J&E is so cute it looks posed. You MUST frame it and keep it forever and always.

Kristin said...

Trying to decide what size to make the print of J&E together. May do a series in frames for G-pa Jeff.

Photo shoot wasn't staged, it was a lot of me crawling around on the practice green shooting and shooting. Grass stains in EJ's khaki's, but that's okay. That's exactly how Jeff and Easton interact with each other, like they're always thrilled to see each other.

Like I said, thought I'd be the one, but you can see that I am not.