Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Food traditions

Back to work today after leaving the office December 22. Wasn't as hard getting up this morning as I thought it might be considering I've been sleeping in a bunch. It was 5 degrees when we drove to work. Felt kind of fresh and lively.

Food news: don't think I'll ever serve traditional green bean casserole again. At Thanksgiving my niece Lauren, the Gap girl in the St. Paul paper, discovered a recipe for a remix. We enjoyed it for Thanksgiving, made it again for Christmas, and I don't think I will ever look back. Bacon, fresh mushrooms, half and half, what more could green beans ask for? To please the masses we did throw in some french fried onions from the can. Rave reviews.

I realize this was not a very exciting post. I may have gotten here okay this morning but that doesn't mean my brain is fully engaged. Happy new year!

2 comments:

erin said...

I second that--fabulous beans.
And I thought the french onions were a nice addition, personally.

kristi noser said...

Welcome back! I think anything Lauren cooks up or dreams up is fabulous!
Not a big fan of those beans tho, maybe I'll have to get the recipe for the new and improved ones.