Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Connections

Sunday night I was privileged to meet with the Demon Dames. We were small in number, but the stories flowed along with the wine by the fire in Patty's cozy family room. What a treat to gather with intelligent women who respect each other for having an opinion and sharing it. The meringues were divine.

Monday I had breakfast with my friend Brenda in front of the big fire at Cracker Barrell. I never fail to be encouraged when I get to be with Brenda.

Monday noon Easton and I met 'The Sheldon Girls' for lunch at Spaghetti Works. He was the only boy at the table, he didn't seem to mind. There was Monica's daughter Saylor, she's 6 days younger than Easton. Her 5-year old sister Trinity and her friend Abbie brought their Barbie color books and had a lovely time as well. Halley, Jackie's daughter is 13 but loved every minute of our time together. She and Easton 'shared' a menu and a meatball. Toni's daughter Neve is 14 months old and may be on Easton's mind for a long time. If poking your finger in someones nose is high praise, then she adores Easton. They chatted while Saylor was eating the food off Neve's plate, it was better than the food on her own plate. The only disappointment was that none of us had a camera in our purse. There were some priceless spaghetti-stained faces to capture.

Wonder couple of days with friends. Only heightens my anticipation of the road trip with mom to spend time with Kathleen and her girls this weekend.

2 comments:

kristi noser said...

YAAAAAA!!! I can't wait to see you again!

erin said...

Wooooowooo!
I can't wait til you get here!