Friday, December 14, 2007

A Worthy Life

"I'm not on that level." That's the actual words that came from a dear friend's mouth when considering a young man she admires. That might be what came from her mouth, but what she was really saying is, "I'm not worthy."

When did we forget that we are children of The King? There's no one above our 'level'. If there's royalty this side of Heaven, we are it. I think what happens is we run away from home and start living like common people in this polluted world. It's a great adventure for a while, but we forget where our real home is. We don't live a life worthy of the royal family to which we belong.

This Christmas I'm coming home. I want to eat royal food worthy of the body God wants me to have. I want to love people with the heart of Christ, open and giving. I'm using words that honor the royal court in which I'm privileged to reside. I will walk like a daughter of The King, upright and careful of step.

When I hear "I'll Be Home for Christmas" let it be a reminder of where my real home is.

2 comments:

erin said...

It all boils down to one thing:
"Who am I in Christ?"
Do we ever really know the answer?

Kristin said...

thanks for the reminder...
time to go do some royal living