Friday, May 18, 2007

Rock and Roll Fantasy

On Grand Avenue in St Paul Minnesota there once was a used record store. It was near the bridal shop where I bought my junior prom dress for the prom I did not attend, but that's another story. At this record store I purchased an album and it soon became one of my favorites, the artist a genius in my estimation.

Fast forward 28 years to 2007. This singer is coming to the Nebraska State Fair! He will be in the outdoor free concert arena so I will finally fulfill one lifelong goal of seeing him perform live, a rare treat indeed.

Now for the scary part. For the bargain price of $200 there is an opportunity to meet and greet prior to the concert. While it's every rock and roll groupie's fantasy to meet one of your idols I'm thinking this is one $200 bargain I'm going to let slip by.

What exactly would I say? "Gee, I think you're swell!" After that, I've got nothin'. The scene would quickly degenerate to the SNL sketch where Chris Farley interviews celebrities. Have you seen it? "So, remember the time you did that concert at Woodstock?" Yep, that would be me.

I'll just have to get there early, hope for a good seat and maybe make eye contact. That will be all I need, my fantasy will be complete.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo, girl...don't leave me hangin' in the wind...who is this idol of your youth?

Kristin said...

Who do you think it is? What would you say to your teen musical dream given the chance to meet them?

Anonymous said...

well...since my idol is no longer walking on the earth....I would have to say "What in the world were you thinking flying that stupid ultralight without gasing it up first".....

kristi noser said...

I can't freakin' believe you didn't tell us who it is. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.


Oh, and on a side note, you won't get the spammers curse if you turn on the word verification.
Trust me you don't want to know.

erin said...

I'm a little miffed. You harass me for not reading your blog, and why would I? So you can tell me HALF a story. Whatever.
Who is it?
Seriously.