Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It just can't be



Jeff's relationship with Easton nearly defies description. Their bond is something to behold and impossible to deny. More than once Easton has toddled into our house, and run past me yelling, "Where Grmpah?"

Look at the picture. Can you see it already happening with Emory? She's not left the hospital and Jeff is making that connection that will someday break my heart. I can feel it coming.

I begged him not to make eye contact. I pleaded with him to stop talking to her like that, but he can't help it. Grandchildren are like giant magnets to his heart. I'm hoping maybe some of his technique will rub off on me. Maybe, just maybe, Emory will like me best.

A girl can dream, can't she?

2 comments:

erin said...

I'm cheering for you!!

Anonymous said...

Marriage is not a competition, but I am secretly hoping that Shirley Jean will like me best!