Sunday, September 23, 2007

Since I was 5

I was 5 years old when I modeled a faux leather mini-skirt for what was then called Christian Women's Club. Ever since then I've thought it would be the coolest thing to speak for one of their meetings. I was on the board of the evening club in Lincoln for several years, but never said anything to anyone.

This spring one of the driving forces for what is now called Stonecroft Ministries went home to be with Jesus. At the marvelous celebration of her life I was reminded again what a privilege it would be to speak for a meeting. Within a week I ran into a lovely lady named Jerilyn. She has also been a part of this group for years. I mentioned to her that I had considered speaking and she said, "I think you'd be great! Let's plan on it."

Next thing I know I'm scheduled to present at their December meetings, usually their highest attended meeting of the year. Not just for the evening group I was familiar with, but for 4 groups in Lincoln and 1 in a neighboring city.

Here's my schedule: October, finish writing. I will speak for about 20 minutes. That's not a long time. Needs to be engaging and have a clear Gospel presentation. November I practice, practice, practice. December I speak on the 3, 4, 5 and 11th. What I'd appreciate from you, my dear blog friends, is your support in prayer.

"Pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God's mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike." Ephesians 6:19

7 comments:

erin said...

How cool!!
Can I read your speech??

Kristin said...

Too cool!...will be praying that God would direct you to just that right words that will encourage the women you are speaking to and that the seeds planted in that short time together will reap an incredible harvest!!!

you'll do wonderfully!

Kristin said...

Yes Erin, you will get a chance to read my presentation. (Speech sounds so serious!) That's what I'm hoping to work on during our writing get-away.

Kristin, thanks for your encouragement. I'll send a copy to you too. Maybe I can come speak at a women's thing at your church some time. That would be a riot!

Kristen said...

Great! I know that you will be awesome! I will be praying for you through the whole process. Kristen

erin said...

There's too many Kristin/Kristens here...

kristi noser said...

I don't know what you're talking about.

kathaleend said...

Are there photos to go with this modeling gig?