Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cheeseheads and Huskers

My darling sister Kathleen decided that Easton needed a Packers outfit for his first birthday. He liked it very much and is anxious to wear it. This will be his 3rd or 4th team outfit. I'm concerned that we're confusing the poor child.

He was born on a Husker game day, first game of the season in 2006. He has several Huskers uniforms, a Cubs outfit, Rockies, and now Cheeseheads. Where will his loyalties lie? Can we really determine these things for him? Is this like trying to pick a spouse for your child? What's a grandmother to do?

4 comments:

erin said...

My immediate reaction:
Most mothers DO try to choose their kids' spouses, so why not their sports allegiences?
I'm just saying.

Did I spell and punctuate all that properly? I'm doing my word verification and not feeling very confident.

KT~MolarArtist said...

I like the take that Jerry Seinfeld took on sports allegiences. He said that due to the teams constant change of personnel over time, that we're really just cheering for uniforms. We find the mascot and colors we like and yell for the players' outfits.

Kristin said...

kt: that is so true, especially for Husker football. Outside of the uniforms I wouldn't know any of these guys. Can't name more than 5 this year. But Saturday night I'll be sitting in front of my television yelling like crazy.

Kristin said...

maybe you could dress him in pieces of each... cheesehead hat, husker jersey, cubs pants, one nike shoe, one addidas (that way you cover all that those companies are currently endorsing) and can hold any mascot stuffed animals in his hands... you'll be ready for any sporting event :)

(go big red!) :)