Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Donut Debauchery

I went down the path, and took others with me. It was Jeff's turn to bring food to the office so I picked up a box of assorted yumminess when he did. My friend is not eating fried things or donuts for Lent. I convinced her that pastries are baked, and not technically donuts, therefore legal. How sick and wrong is that? Next thing you know she's gobbling a cream cheese danish and swilling it down with her Slimfast breakfast. I feel so guilty. Maybe the sticky I got on my mouse from the apple fritter will serve as a reminder to be better next time. I doubt it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

growing up catholic, i feel the pain :)

although, a priest once told us that on sundays, you can have a 'freebie'--you can take a break from the whole 'give up something during lent' thing. ahhh...i waited all week for sunday and my sweet, sweet dr. pepper.

(of course, i had major guilt issues and then would have to say like 1,000 hail mary's to make up for it.)

kristi noser said...

I think chasing a donut with slim-fast is AWESOME!
That really makes me laugh.

erin said...

LOL!! For shame!